A Great Inspirational Story: Son Remembers - SABTrends

728x90 AdSpace

Trending
Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

A Great Inspirational Story: Son Remembers

It was 2 am, pitch black in my room and I was still restless in my bed waiting for my doorbell to ring; I was waiting for my dad who was yet to return from work. My mom who was in the other room would also not sleep until he returns, but little she knew that her son was also up and jittery thinking about his dad.


Did he even eat? Why is he working so much? He does not love his work so much, I know him pretty well. All these questions and thoughts were making me apprehensive. I remembered all the things he told me in the morning that I snubbed, I remembered each and every word he spoke, every question he asked and how skillfully I disregarded him. I regret it now.
The thought of my dad being out late made me worry so much about him, just then the thought reversed and made me think that he also must worry about me when I am out late, that is the reason he criticizes me. The thoughts linked to one another and I understood my father better, I understood each and everything he did for me, knowingly and unknowingly.

I understood why he scolded me when I asked him incessantly for a new mobile phone, which was valued at a price which would take away half of my dads monthly salary; I understood why he would  criticize me for being out with my friends more and not paying attention to my studies; I understood his affliction.
I want to tell you dad that I remember the tumultuous times. I remember when you hardly had money to buy yourself any clothes and you still would buy me everything I pointed at. I still remember when you had to rush me to the doctor in the middle of the night; you would sacrifice your sleep for me and go to the work next day all tired and yet work relentlessly for no one else but me.

I still remember dad when you would play cricket with me and tell the world how good I was. I remember when I would want you more than my mom. I would want you more than anyone else in this world. But as I grew up, the farness between us intensified and I started to think more of myself. I started to ignore your priceless advises which were once gold to me and thought of them as disapproval. I disregarded everything you said and thought that I knew more, I thought of you as a person who does not know me well but the fact is no one in this world knows me better than you and I am aware of it.
I remember when I demanded things that you couldn't really afford but made sure you i had them and never made me cry for it. I remember the video game you brought when we barely made it till the end of the month. I still remember the beatings you gave me for misbehaving. I still remember it dad.These beatings, these scoldings, that criticism and that love is the reason I am so able today, it is the reason why I am able to write this, it is the reason why I have so many good habits. 

I am aware of the things you do for me, I know how hard it is to stay away from the family and work hard so that I could have the best of education and be a person you once yourself dreamt of being. I am aware of every struggle you have to go through and I am aware of each and every sufferings of yours. I will be there for you in your darkest times as you were there for me in mine. I assure you that no matter what, I will be the one standing besides you till the end of the light. 

I remember and acknowledge the struggle you have to go through to give me a better life, to make me who I am today. I can only acknowledge what you have done for me at this moment, but I promise you, one day in this lifetime you would be completely satisfied with me, one day you would not feel the need to point out the mistakes in me, one day you would be the proudest dad ever on this planet.

-A Son 

THE AUTHOR

Unmesh Phule, the CEO and owner of Unmesh Phule Blog
A Great Inspirational Story: Son Remembers Reviewed by Mr Possible on June 07, 2016 Rating: 5 It was 2 am, pitch black in my room and I was still restless in my bed waiting for my doorbell to ring; I was waiting for my dad who was y...

24 comments:

  1. Such a lovely story... parent-son relationship is always a great bond between them....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Kylie wenn. Thanks for visiting SABTrends and I also appreciate your meaningful contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. Father always stand for their kids all the time.Father's teachings help them to face the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Mamta Balani. Thanks for visiting SABTrends and I also appreciate your contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The moral learning of the son from parents reflects every moves he takes in life. Likewise, the inner-self and motivation to have success in life through the influence of one's father and mother too. You have the talent to write novels. Nice posting indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Fernando Lachica. Thanks for visiting SABTrends and I also appreciate your contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a timely post come father's day. I think that's the greatest gift a father can get is a son being someone he could be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully written. We rarely give dads the credit they deserve for all the hard work and the sacrifices that they made to keep the family going. I'm glad you are very grateful and that you've realized that all those discipline meant something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome Elizabeth O. And Franc. Thanks for visiting SABTrends and I also appreciate your contributions you both made.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such well written with lots of inspiration. Yes my dad is the pillar of the family. He work hard to provide us the best he could and guide us to be a better person.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome Sunshine Kelly. Thanks for visiting SABTrends and I also appreciate your contribution.

    Have a nice time

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is like a Father's Day confession message! It's common to see that for a mom, but it's nice to see something for dad for a change...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tiffany Yong W.T. You are right, it is just like father confession. Welcome Tiffany Yong W.T.. Thanks for visiting SABTrends and I also appreciate your contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful. The sacrifices that our moms & dads have done to bring us to who we are now is just so heartening.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome Bhushavali N. Thanks for visiting SABTrends and I also appreciate your contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So nice! Parents and kids relationship is always very very special.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome RainbowDiaries Singapore. Thanks for visiting SABTrends and I also appreciate your meaningful contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great post in time for Father's Day. We may read a lot about daughters and mothers or daughters and fathers but less about fathers and sons. Good read!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a perfect post for Father's Day! Lovely story depicting a father and son's relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome Erica Villas and Claire Algarme. Thanks for visiting SABTrends and I also appreciate your contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope to be able to write a tribute about my dad someday. I do not know if my kids can write the same about me, but I hope I make them feel my love for them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice comment Fred Hawson. It is a pleasure having you on SABTrends. Thanks for visiting the blog. I also appreciate your great contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  23. this was a beautiful read. nice to see the father son relationship, both understanding one another

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Nicol. Thanks for visiting SABTrends and I also appreciate your contribution.

      Delete