How She Does It: Malini Bhatia, Founder & CEO of Marriage.com - SABTrends

728x90 AdSpace

Trending
Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, December 19, 2016

How She Does It: Malini Bhatia, Founder & CEO of Marriage.com

Malini Bhatia is the Founder & CEO of Marriage.com, an online resource for advice from vetted experts on all things marriage.

Marriage.com fills the online void between numerous dating, wedding, baby, and family websites, creating a community and resource for the foundation of today’s society: healthy, happy marriages in all its diversity.

Malini's passion for supporting people through the journey of building and sustaining positive, healthy relationships, combined with her business acumen, inspired the creation of Marriage.com.

She has past experience in the PR and communications industries and has worked with companies in the tech, healthcare and non-profit sectors.


Deb Bailey: Welcome to the Secrets of Success blog, Malini. Please share with us how you got started as an entrepreneur.


Malini Bhatia:
Great to be here, Deb. Prior to creating Marriage.com, I ran a startup in the consumer technology space and worked in PR and communications with companies across industries in the tech, healthcare, and non-profit sectors (both in the U.S. and internationally). All of these experiences built up my confidence so I felt ready to  tackle the "relationship space", which I'm really passionate about. By applying technology solutions to untapped areas I think Marriage.com can have a huge, positive, social impact.


Deb: Are there any “lessons learned” from your business experience?


Malini: I think one of my most important learnings in business is that it is important not only to manage time but it’s even more important to manage your energy at work.

Your energy limits what you can do with your time, so it’s important to manage it wisely. It’s important to work with a high life condition, take care of your health and personal needs. It is important to maintain a good work-life balance. My husband, two daughters and my spiritual beliefs give me the positive energy to work in my business.


Deb: So, who are your ideal clients?

Malini: Anyone looking for helpful and positive advice from vetted experts on all stages of marriage: pre-marriage, marriage, parenting, separation, and divorce.


Deb: What are some of your successes and challenges?

Malini: To be satisfied in your life, it is important to do work that you truly believe in. I had a sincere desire to work in an area that added meaningful value to people’s lives and provided support to people. I went with my gut and instinct to re-launch the site and I think believing in the need for something like this was my inspiration and motivation to move forward.

I always had the desire to work in an area that could add meaningful value to people’s lives. There was a phase in my life when people close to my heart were really suffering in their relationships, which either led them to get a divorce, separate or just be married for the sake of it and live together despite no emotional or physical connection.

It was around that phase in my life when my husband and I came across the opportunity to acquire the assets of the company (through a business network), which then operated as a wedding site. Rather than focus on weddings, which is one day in a person’s life, we decided to change the focus to marriage, which is intended to be a lifetime event. We rebuilt the website entirely to reflect this change in direction and strategy.

One year later, we re-launched to provide expert advice, trusted resources and positive information about all things marriage. Success to me means, providing meaningful value in people’s life


Deb: What inspires you to do the work you do?

Malini: I always had the desire to work in an area that added meaningful value in people's lives and provided support to people. My passion for supporting people through the journey of building and sustaining positive, healthy relationships, combined with my business acumen, inspired the creation and my work on Marriage.com.

Marriage as an institution today needs help. Statistics show that nearly 50 percent of marriages in the United States end in a divorce. The divorce rate for first marriages is 41 percent, 60 percent of second, and 73 percent of third marriages end in divorce. Healthy marriages are important for mental and physical health of couple as well as for for children; growing up in a happy home protects children from mental, physical, educational and social problems.


Deb: Thanks so much for sharing your business with us. Please share website and social media URLs

Malini: I enjoyed it, Deb! Here are my links.

Website: www.Marriage.com
Twitter: @marriagedotcom
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marriagedotcom
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/marriage.com


How She Does It: Malini Bhatia, Founder & CEO of Marriage.com Reviewed by Mr Possible on December 19, 2016 Rating: 5 Malini Bhatia is the Founder & CEO of Marriage.com , an online resource for advice from vetted experts on all things marriage. Marriage....

No comments: