Blog Interview : Meet Promise Excel the C.E.O of MaverickExcel - SABTrends

728x90 AdSpace

Trending
Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Blog Interview : Meet Promise Excel the C.E.O of MaverickExcel

SABTrends BLOG INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

SABTrends at it again, it is my aim to help young folks to achieve their goals or objectives. Last week we brought you one  of the top bloggers in Nigeria, an entrepreneur, online marketer and social marketer in the person of Mazino Oyolo Kigho, he was brought here for our readers and visitors.

Today, I am pleased to introduce our next interesting interview with another awesome, handsome, smart, intelligent, top blogger, Promise Excel the owner of MarverickExcel Blog.

Promise Excel is the founder of MaverickExcel. He created the blog to dedicate to all Entrepreneurs in Nigeria, Africa and all over the world. He has the opportunity to write for Tush Magazine, The Total Entrepreneurs and Ogbongeblog. He is dedicated to help young entrepreneurs both home and abroad to make their voice heard in a noisy world.


I was priviledged to meet this handsome and great contents' creator on Facebook. I am always inspired and motivated with his posts on his Facebook timeline. However, don't let me take much of your time because Promise Excel has a lot to give you and you will surely learn, gain immensively from the interview.

1. Can you please tell our readers about yourself and your blog?

Answer: My name is Promise Excel, I am a writer, entrepreneur and the founder of MaverickExcel, a blog dedicated to young and aspiring entrepreneurs in Africa with focus on Nigeria.

2. Tell us when did you start blogging professionally ?

Answer: I started blogging professionally on 4th March, 2015. Right from the first day I launched my blog.

3. Is blogging your profession or just a hobby?

Answer: Blogging to me is pure business. So, it’s a profession.

4. Please kindly tell us about your blogging journey so far?

Answer:  So far my blog is still evolving and moving very fast.

5. Did you really have any expectations (short term, long term, financially) when you started blogging ? If yes, what were those expectations ?

Answer: My short term expectation was to become popular and the long term was to make money. However, that has changed now. My expectation now is to build a brand that stands out from others.

6. How did you choose the niche(s) that you have chosen to blog in ?

Answer: My passion for financial freedom led me to entrepreneurship and self-development.

7. Did you receive any professional assistance or did you created your blog yourself?

Answer:  Yes, from Mr Google…Lol….Actually, from the day I started blogging till now, I’ve been doing everything on my blog myself.

8. Do you have other blogs that you run and if yes, what are they and what they are all about ?

Answer: MaverickExcel is a brand I really want to showcase to the world, so every other blog or website that I will ever create will be under that brand.

9. Give us the latest statistics of your blog (Visitors, daily page views, earning and other stats that you want to share)?

Answer: Right now, I have over 40k monthly visitors.

10. How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently?

  Answer: I’m a full-time blogger. so I have all the time in the world to manage my blog. Though, it could be difficult but I have to do it because to me it’s not only my business but it’s my passion.

11. How much time do you really spend on blogging?

Answer:  Blogging is what I do everyday, So, in a day, I spend close to 6 hours on blogging.

12. What do you think is the best strategy you use to get more traffic to your blog?

Answer:  Work more on building a solid brand that people can’t help but notice. That way, getting traffic won’t be a problem.

13. What do you really think is the best social media strategy for getting more traffics to a blog?

Answer:  Interact and engage more with your followers or readers more than you share your blog links with them.

14. How important is Facebook to you in blog promotion efforts and do you think it is important for a blogger to have a Facebook group or page ?

 Answer:  Facebook is the biggest social media in the world. So, you can never go wrong with promoting your blog on Facebook. Due to Facebook’s algorithm on Pages, having a group is much more important. However, Having a page is also important because it’s easier to say “like my page” than “join our group.”….Lol

15. How many social media channels do you think a blogger should have accounts on ?

Answer:  Go to the platform where your audience are and stick there. I’ll recommend focusing on one platform at a time. Don’t spread yourself to thin.

16. Images for blog posts is very essential. Do you normally create your own images or do you get them from the Google or websites and give credit back to the original source ?

 Answer:  When I started blogging newly, I do use random images from Google but now, I design all my blog images with Canva. That way, you will never have any issue with copyright infringement.

17. Bounce rate is one of Google’s algorithm signals that tells them whether people are engaged on a blog. What do you do to keep your bounce rate very low?

Answer: I write long and engaging articles. My articles are usually from 1000 words upward.

18. It is often hard to get new contents for blogger. How do you find new source of contents for your blog?

 Answer:  Since, I’m all out to give immense value to people, I don’t find it difficult to come up with new contents. One thing I do is write down every blog post idea that comes to mind no matter what happens.

21. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?

Answer: Poor power supply and high cost of internet connection is a big challenge to blogging in Nigeria.

22. Can you name some of your favourite bloggers and explain why they are your favourites?

Answer: Jide Ogunsanya is my favourite blogger ever. Despite all he has achieved, he still has time for others. He gives nothing short of value to bloggers.

23. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog running?

Answer: The positive feedback I get from my readers and friends is my greatest motivation. No matter what happens, I keep moving because I know that there are people out there who are looking up to me. So, I can’t afford to let them down

24. What do you find the most frustrating aspect of blogging?

Answer: It could be frustrating, when your expectations are not coming forth like you planned. Especially, when you are not earning from your blog. But if you know why you started blogging in the first place, no frustration can make you give up.

25. Have you met any famous or interesting personnel on your blogging journey?

Answer: Yes, I’ve met with the most interesting and smartest people in my blogging journey. I believe that everybody is potentially famous in one way or the other. So, I’m not dying to meet the Queen of England in anyway. Though, that will be really cool if I have the privilege.

26. Do you have any specific goals to be achieved for the rest of this year?

Answer: Yes, to write for Forbes and HuffingtonPost. I just can’t wait for that goal to be achieved.

27. Do you normally set goals you want to achieve each year for your blog?

Answer: Like I said, my blog is still evolving. So, there is no hard and strict rule to follow.

28. When do you really feel is the right time to monetize a blog ?

  Answer: When you give enough value to your readers. There’s never a time frame to start monetizing a blog. However, I will still say wait till 3 months before you think of making money.

29. How do you monetize your blog?

Answer: Monetizing a blog is not all that matters. It is creating a brand that people can relate to and engage with. Then again, I make money from offering services to clients such as, writing a review, managing social media account, blog installation/setup, writing for established brands, driving targeted traffic to blogs/websites and a lot of things I do in between. I don’t have any ad from CPC ad network.

30. If a blogger were to monetize their blog by providing direct services, kindly suggest some direct services that you would recommend experience and new bloggers reading this interview?

Answer: Freelance writing is the way to go, graphic design (logos, ebook covers etc), and managing blogs or social media accounts.

31. How would you rate your own blog on a scale of 1 to 10 and why would you rate it that way ?

  Answer: I can’t blow my own trumpet. I will leave it to my readers and friends.

32. How would you rate SABTrends Blog on a scale of 1 to 10 and why would you rate it that way?

Answer: SABTrends is doing a great work to stand out from the noisy blogosphere. But I think that it is focusing on so many niches which may not be a good thing if you’re a solopreneur doing your own thing alone. With that said, I will give them 5/10.

33. What do you suggest for SABTrends team to grow the Blog?

Answer: Don’t focus on too many topics. Be unique. Give immense value to your readers until they can’t help but pay you for your hardwork.

Thanks for having me here. It’s actually a privilege.

I hope we all learn and gain a lot from the interview. The sole purpose of having top bloggers here on SABTrends is to help other bloggers, entrepreneurs, online or social marketers, influences and other individuals to gain one or two things from knowledge and experience of the interviewees. Nobody is an island of knowledge. We learn everyday.

You can't also afford to miss this interesting interview with this top blogger: Mazino Oyolo Kigho the owner of Mazinoweb

SABTrends team uses this medium to appreciate and thank Promise Excel for taking our interview.

We urge all our readers and visitors to kindly visit Maverick Excel blog at  www.maverickexcel.com to have more insight on blogging, marketing and Entrepreneurship.  We thereby wish our guest of today Promise Excel more success in the blogging sphere. 


Kindly share this link with other bloggers, entrepreneurs or friends to also benefits from this interview. 



Blog Interview : Meet Promise Excel the C.E.O of MaverickExcel Reviewed by Mr Possible on July 02, 2016 Rating: 5 SABTrends BLOG INTERVIEW QUESTIONS SABTrends at it again, it is my aim to help young folks to achieve their goals or objectives. Last ...

3 comments:

  1. Promise is a very close friend of mine, i love his hard work. Nice SABTrends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Emmanuel Ekanem. You made a very good point. It is a pleasure having you on SABTrends Blog .

      Thanks for visiting SABTrends and I also appreciate your contribution.

      Have a nice time

      Delete