How She Does It: Ramona Patterson of Mo-Unlimited - SABTrends

728x90 AdSpace

Trending
Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, September 19, 2016

How She Does It: Ramona Patterson of Mo-Unlimited

Ramona Patterson started her career as Nail/Stylist Technician at Molar Beauty College in New Orleans, LA.  She later went on to further grow her potential at Southwest Mississippi Community College in Summit, MS. 

After finishing school she joined a local beauty salon in her hometown in McComb, MS.  Ramona has traveled to many states showcasing her many talents and leaving a lasting impression on those she has encountered.

Ramona is very passionate about people and doing hair, nails and makeup just completes the package of making people feel good about their appearance.

She is inspired by the latest trends for hair and nails and her philosophy is, “I EMBRACE CHANGE” and you will notice that with her hair and makeup, it’s an ever changing style. When you sit in Ramona’s chair you are not just a client to her, you become her friend.

Ramona attends Kelly Missionary Baptist Church under the leadership of Rev. Kendall Poole where she is a member and she is dedicated to her many duties. Ramona is also a youth leader at her church, and most importantly she is a dedicated member of her church.

Ramona is the mother of a beautiful daughter who is currently enrolled at the University of Southern Mississippi.  Her daughter is her inspiration and her biggest supporter in her corner as well as other family and friends. In her community, she also serves as a role model for young people mainly young ladies because she loves little girls and she loves to help people through anything.

Deb Bailey: So glad you could stop by the blog, Ramona. Please share how you got started as an entrepreneur.

Ramona Patterson: I'm happy to be here, Deb.
I have always been interested in hair and beauty. I have been doing hair since I was a child, but while in school people would tell me I should stick to one thing, though everything interested me. I have been doing hair for nine years, in the beginning while I loved doing it, I had no identity.

I didn't know I had to brand myself until about four years ago; I thought I was just a hairstylist. Around this same time I met a lady name Ms.Tish Sutton, she guided me on how to build a brand, and I developed the Mo-Unlimited brand. Our slogan is "never limit your beauty". We are growing by the day.

Deb: Any  “lessons learned” that you’d like to share? 

Ramona: Work-life balance is something many entrepreneurs struggle with. When you’re passionate about what you do, and when you focus on happiness, work isn’t just something you do to fund your "real life." It becomes infinitely more enjoyable and meaningful, and significantly reduces your chances of experiencing burnout.

Deb: Very true! Obviously you enjoy what you do. So, who are your ideal clients?

Ramona: My ideal client is someone who allows me to be myself while I'm doing their hair or whatever I'm providing them with. I love when my clients have a strong enough relationship with me that they trust me enough to do whatever comes to my mind, and they know the outcome will be beautiful.

Deb: Building relationships is very important. It's part of growing a business. Speaking of that, what are some successes and challenges you've faced as you've grown your business?

Ramona: My biggest successes would be being invited to host a class as an educator for the Bronner Brother's hair show on multiple occasions, and recently partnering with a close friend of mine, who is also in the beauty industry, and hosting our on hair show, "The Power of Beauty Expo."

The show turned out to be a complete success, and the boss chick herself, Rasheeda Frost, was a celebrity guest. Some of my other successes include developing my own nail product and makeup brush lines. I've also hosted several beauty classes of my own that have been very successful.

Deb: That's great. I've seen pictures from the Bronner Brother's shows -- they're really creative. What is the importance of branding in the beauty industry?

Ramona: Branding is a very important component for success in the beauty industry. In fact, it's probably the most important aspect of building a business.

Your brand represents who you are and what you stand for and is a combination of different ideas you want to convey, as well as how you want to be perceived.

In this day and age, you see products come and go every day, but brands can last a lifetime. That is what I want for my brand, longevity. I want my brand to be inspiring to epitomize quality and integrity.

In the era of social media, you get to building relationships directly and connect with consumers in real time, which I think is a good thing because it gives it a personal touch. Branding is hard work though, I don't want to give the perception that it's going to be easy because it's not. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication.

Deb: You've accomplished so much. Why is it important to continue your education and travel in the beauty industry?

Ramona: The beauty industry is forever growing and changing. As an educator I understand the importance of continuing education. If you're going to keep up with all the latest beauty trends, it is imperative that you keep yourself informed and educated. Education is key, and it never stops. I can not properly educate someone else if I have not first educated myself.

Deb: I've enjoyed our conversation! Please share your website and social media URLs.

Ramona: I enjoyed it too! Here are my links:
Website: http://www.mo-Unlimited.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mounlimitedbeauty
Twitter: @mounlimited23
Instagram: @mo_unlimited23
How She Does It: Ramona Patterson of Mo-Unlimited Reviewed by Mr Possible on September 19, 2016 Rating: 5 Ramona Patterson started her career as Nail/Stylist Technician at Molar Beauty College in New Orleans, LA.  She later went on to further gro...

No comments: